Who I Am
In addition to my degree in interpreting, I also have degrees in English language and literature, German language and literature, and international relations. I have completed a number of international internships, including in European institutions, where I was able to put my theoretical knowledge to practical use. I began working full-time as an interpreter in 2006, yet I continue to discover new aspects to my profession and to further educate myself. Facilitating communication between people of different languages and cultures brings me great joy and personal satisfaction.
What I Can Offer You
As an interpreter I can offer you my extensive experience during international meetings, conferences, and trade shows. As a result of my extensive cooperation with both public and private organisations, I have developed a large specialised vocabulary, yet I continue to expand my knowledge and competencies in new fields. I thoroughly and carefully prepare myself for each interpreting assignment, working closely with my client. Reliability, punctuality, and discretion are matters of course. I maintain confidentiality and professional secrecy under all circumstances.
Professional Flexible Confidential
Thorough professional and terminological preparation
Interpreting at official functions (weddings, court hearings, etc.)
I offer consecutive, simultaneous, and liasion interpreting to and from Czech, German, and English. As a court interpreter, officially appointed and registered with the Ministry of Justice, I am authorised to interpret in courts and state institutions.
is new on the interpreting services market and has recently experienced unprecedented response and interest from clients. I also offer telephone interpreting. Should you be interested, I would be delighted to send you more information about this modern, increasingly popular service.
Confidentiality and Access to Information
An interpreter is always bound by professional secrecy, applicable to all oral and written information, both when preparing for the interpreting session and during the session itself.
Need to Organise a Multilingual Event?
For more complex requests (such as international conferences), I can arrange conference equipment and recommend an experienced team of colleagues.
- seminars, conferences, business meetings
- European business councils
- construction, renewable energy sources
Careful Accurate Punctual
Meticulous attention paid to both language and terminology
Translations of official documents (diplomas, birth certificates, contracts)
- Translations of general and specialised texts to and from Czech, German and English
- Certified translations (“stamped”), which are generally required by courts and other public institutions
- Legalisation, apostillation
- Proofreading by a native speaker
- Terminology unification
- Creation of terminology databases
- Use of CAT tools
Legal and Financial Text Specialisations:
- Court decisions, extracts from the criminal/commercial register, birth certificates
- Contracts, foundation documents, annual reports, certificates
- Professional publications (construction, renewable energy)
Qualified Friendly Reliable
Active long-term in the international environment
Wide view of specialised terminology
- English Language and Literature / German Language and Literature (Masaryk University, Faculty of Arts, M.A., 2003-2008)
- International Relations and European Studies (Metropolitan University of Prague, M.A., 2008-2011)
- European Masters in Conference Interpreting (Charles University, Faculty of Arts, Prague, 2009-2010)
Experience and Internships
- 2005 to present: Freelance interpreter and translator (Stuttgart, Prague)
- 2012 – 2013: Internal interpreter (Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces of the Czech Republic)
- 2011: Appointed court interpreter (Regional Court in Prague)
- 2009: Czech Presidency of the EU Council (Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic)
- 2013: Internship – Baden-Württemberg-Stiftung, Germany
- 2005 – 2006: Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Magdeburg, Germany
- Ecology, climate change, land use, emissions trading, forestry, agriculture
- European Union (technical and legal terminology), international relations
- Weapons systems, defence policy, pyrotechnics
- Construction, road and highway construction
- Traffic signs, road traffic safety
- Orthodontics and other selected medical fields
- Food industry, medical and cosmetic products
- Equestrianism and horse breeding
Interpreting and Translating for Major Clients
Ministerstvo obrany ČR | Ministerstvo životního prostředí ČR | Krajský soud v Praze | Okresní soud v Mladé Boleslavi | Policie ČR | Akademie věd ČR – Technologické centrum | Masarykova univerzita – Právnická fakulta | Univerzita Karlova – Fakulta tělesné výchovy a sportu | 1. LF UK a VFN – Psychiatrická léčebna Kosmonosy | Technická univerzita v Liberci – Ekonomická fakulta | Vysoká škola CEVRO Institut | Respekt institut, o.p.s. | Dům etnických menšin o.p.s. | Nadace Mezinárodní potřeby | CARE Česká republika, o.s. | GJW Praha spol. s r. o.| Bezuch Isteite s.r.o. | KERN AG | Hudde Sprachen+ | Fine Arts Gmbh | Leonhard Weiss GmbH & Co. KG
A complete list of references is available by email upon request.
Conference Interpreter & Translator
Czech • English • German
Court interpreter at the Regional Court in Prague
Schubertstr. 14, 71384 Weinstadt, Germany